Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Excerpt #1

1. There is no good reason for our suffering, for in every love lies the seed of growth. The more we love, the more closer we come to spiritual experience . Those who are truly enlightened, those whose sols are illuminated with love, have been able to overcome all of the inhibitions and perceptions of their era. They had been able to sing, to laugh, and to pray out loud.

2. Those who love conquer the world and have no fear of loss. True love is an act of total surrender.

3. Love is a trap. When it appears, we see only its light not its shadows.

4. Some people always have to do battle with someone, sometimes even with themselves,  battling with their own lives. So they begin to create a kind of play in their head and they write the script based on their frustrations. But the worst part is that they cannot present the play themselves so they invited other actors to join in.

5. And having loved and suffered, she freed us from pain.

6. We no longer lived under the weight of guilt and sin.

7. I had already lived some pretty wild years. I got to see other people and other lands. I had already looked for God in the four corners of the earth. I had fallen in love with other women and worked in a number of different jobs.

8. If pain must come, may it come quickly. Because i have a life to live and I need to live in it the best way possible. If he has to make a choice, may he make it now. Then i will either wait or forget him... Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But now knowing what to do is the worst kind of suffering.

9. I prayed that this night - the night following a day that had been so long that i couldnt even remember how it had begun - would be an ephiphany. A new beginning for me.

10. God must have heard me. The words began to come more easily - and little by little they lost their everyday meaning. My embarrasment diminished, my confidence grew, and the words began to flow freely. Although I understood nothing of what I was saying, it all made sense to my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment