Sunday, November 17, 2013

Irene's Battle Dress for Sherlock's Encounter

Harry: Will you take the case?
Sherlock: What case? Pay her. Now. And in full. As Ms. Adler remarks in her masthead, "know when you are beaten."
Mycroft: She doesn't want anything. She got in touch, she informed us that the photographs existed. She indicated that she had no intention to use them to extort either money or favor.
Sherlock: Oh, a power play. A power play with the most powerful family in Britain. Now that is a dominatrix. Oo, this is getting rather fun, isn't it.

Irene Adler (Lara Pulver): Kate, we're going to have a visitor. I'll need a bit of time to get ready. Kate: A long time?
Irene Adler: Ages.

Watson: Punch you?
Sherlock: Yes. Punch me. In the face. Didn't you hear me?
Watson: I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext. Sherlock: Okay, I think we've done now, John.
Watson: You want to remember, Sherlock, I was a soldier. I killed people.
Sherlock: You were a doctor! Watson: I had bad days!

Kate: What are you going to wear?
Irene Adler: My battle dress.
Kate: Lucky boy.

Irene Adler: I'm sorry to hear that you've been hurt. I don't think Kate caught your name.
Sherlock: I'm so sorry, I'm—

Irene Adler: Oh, it's always hard to remember an alias when you've had a fright. Isn't it? {she snatches his clerical collar} There now. We're both defrocked. Mr. Sherlock Holmes.
Sherlock: Ms. Adler, I presume.
Irene Adler: Look at those cheekbones. I could cut myself slapping that face. would you like me to try?  Do you know the big problem with a disguise, Mr. Holmes? However hard you try, it's always a self-portrait.
Sherlock: You think I'm a vicar with a bleeding face?     
Irene Adler: No, I think you're damaged, delusional and believe in a higher power. In your case it's yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment